May 16, 2019
Imagine facing ten years in prison, away from everyone you know
and love, and without many of the conveniences we take for granted.
How would you respond? Today’s guest is going through such a
journey, and has become a fully realized man thru this ordeal. He
adopted the learner’s mindset and put meaning to his suffering.
True freedom comes from within, and can’t be taken away. Pepe
details how to make this monumental shift in consciousness, and
encourages us to rewrite our old stories with new, empowering
“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last
of the human freedoms – to choose one's attitude in any given set
of circumstances.” – Victor Frankl
- Dealing with the death of a vision and overcoming extreme
- The “Jaws” moment - when everything is going fine and dandy,
and suddenly the unexpected disaster happens. How do we
- The difficult times are cross roads, and offer an opportunity
for great growth
- “The willingness to sacrifice for something greater than
yourself” - Pepe’s no nonsense definition of spirituality.
- Many of us with religious backgrounds distrust the word faith.
Finding our own definition can prove invaluable.
- As soon as we step outside of the fear, we orient towards the
- “What can I learn?” - having the strength to ask that question
in the face of fear or extreme circumstances
- Don’t suffer pointlessly, find purpose and learn.
- A warrior shows up and embraces his responsibilities
- A free man has no choices, only commitments
- Living from a place of inner freedom while external, practical
freedoms are taken away
- No one can take your sense of freedom or peace of mind.
- We don’t get what we want without sacrificing something
How to Connect with Pepe:
His "Preparing For Freedom" Podcast will launch when he begins
serving time later this year. Follow the Rising Man social handles
and we'll let you know when it releases
Rising Man Links:
Join the RMP
Fire Circle, complete with monthly calls and a private community
for those ready to dive deep. Next call is 5/25 3-5 PST, first time
is free, message Jeddy for the link!